Talk Back Live Radio

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's On! A final answer with a date (on the same day!)

Well, after three weeks of wrangling with my former primary care physician over a medical record the insurance company was demanding...I have finally been approved for bariatric (weight loss) surgery! Also, on the same day---a date has been set! YAAAAY!

The insurance had all of my medical records---or so I thought. They didn't have a medical record for me from 2008. I was under the impression that when I requested copies of my entire record from my former doctor. Turns ot, I was wrong. I'm telling you, there was a great deal of wrangling with the doctor's staff over this one record.  It slowed down the entire approval process I actually received a letter from the the insuranc company saying I had been denied for bariatric surgery. Part of the reason? Because they didn't have that one record from 2008. Tuesday, I received a called from the surgeon's office saying the insurance company called and had reversed the denial. Ain't God good?!?

My surgery is in mid-January. Hallelujah! Again, never be afraid to advocate for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment